Sunday, June 1, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

We had a great Memorial Day Weekend!! My mom and I went to Cape to visit Lauren & Brian. They just moved to Cape from Anna, IL. We got to see Brian's new office. He was on call all weekend and super busy. We got to see the bad sides of being a vet. He received calls all throughout the night from people with sick pets. Their pets of course felt bad all week but they waited to call during Memorial Day weekend and late too! It was interesting to say the least. The girls did a lot of shopping. I got some cute dresses for my Hollywood trip! We went to some really cool stores in Downtown Cape and Jackson. On Monday, Jon got rained out of the field so we decided to go to the air show. But it was on Saturday & Sunday so we decided to go to the Memorial Day parade instead. It was so cool to see all the veterans in the parade. They were all so proud and happy to represent us. It gave me chills sometimes. Plus, we saw lots of shriners. Jon and I both love them. I am not sure if you ever grow out of loving the Shriners in their little cars. However, these guys were from the Lake & were crazy!! I have never seen Shriners drive so crazy, fast & reckless during a parade. I was like, please hold your kids back! They had one guy in a semi that I swear was about to turn over. It was really awesome & made us laugh. We then went to the Courthouse for a service. It was nice to see all the veterans dressed in their uniforms & honoring their own. Then we had lunch on the patio at boone Tavern. Later in the day we went on a 4 mile bide ride on the trial by our house. Jon had already ran 4 miles earlier in the day. I am terribly out of shape and had to stop a couple of times. Later that day we bbq'd with our neighbors the Lucas'. It was a great weekend!! I have a few pics below in a slide show.

No comments: